This past Wednesday I spoke at the monthly Lincoln SQL Server Users Group meeting. The session was entitled “SQL Server Virtualization: Tips, Tricks, and Other Goodies to Ensure Your Success.” I covered topics around how to profile your physical environment so you know how to design the new virtual environment, the VM reference architecture and specifics that apply to SQL Server, and how to prove that virtualization offers the same level of performance as a physical environment and introduces much in the way of flexibility, management improvements, and disaster recoverability. I had a blast, and look forward to future speaking engagements!
- Don’t Stop at Just Enabling Read Committed Snapshot Isolation (RCSI)
- VMware Improves In-Guest Time Synchronization with 7.0 U1
- Steps for a Successful Data Migration Session at Microsoft Ignite
- Cannot expand VMDKs with NVMe storage controller on VMware without a reboot
- How to Prep a SQL Server Availability Group for VM-Level DR Replication
The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions and experiences. Terms, Conditions, and Disclosure are located here.