My next all-day SQL Saturday Pre-Conference training session entitled â€œVirtualization for SQL Server DBAsâ€ will be held on January 17th in Nashville, as one of two precon sessions for the SQL Saturday Nashville event scheduled for January 18th.
If you are a SQL Server DBA and manage or maintain a virtualized SQL Server environment in your private cloud, attending this session is of utmost importance. You will learn more about that black box called virtualization, how to validate that the performance of the system stack is where it should be, tips and tricks for creating the ideal SQL Server virtual machine template, common issue remediation steps, and long-term management of the environment.
VMware vExpert and SQL Server performance expert David Klee leads this full-day, hands-on introduction to enabling and managing a virtualized SQL Server environment. The focus of the course is to help those new to virtualization and/or infrastructure concepts to become familiar with the concept and purposes of virtualization and how it can benefit them as data professionals. Participants will gain exposure to all layers of virtualization underneath SQL Server, from storage to hypervisor to the SQL Server instance, and will learn how to construct the entire stack with the focus on SQL Server performance.
- Understand key virtualization and cloud concepts
- Determine the optimal infrastructure configuration for best performance
- Construct a SQL Server virtual machine template with best practices for agility and performance
- Understand how and what stack metrics to benchmark and baseline to ensure proper objective performance measurement
- Identify and remediate common virtualized SQL Server performance killers
- Understand proper virtualized capacity management techniques for long term management
If you are available, register for the event at this Eventbrite web address. I expect them to go quickly!
If you are coordinating a SQL Saturday event in your town in 2014, I would be very interested in talking with you about presenting this precon at your SQL Saturday. Please contact me if you would like to discuss this opportunity with me!