Announcing a flash sale today from 10a-12p Central time for my upcoming SQL Saturday Nashville preconference training session ‘Virtualization for SQL Server DBAs‘! Use the code ‘FlashSale‘ at the Eventbrite registration page to save 10% off of the regular registration cost of $125 plus $7.87 in Eventbrite fees.
Why should you attend this preconference session?
This session is designed for you – the SQL Server database administrator – to learn more about the virtualization technologies that are here to stay. Whether you or hesitant on virtualization or have already virtualized your SQL Servers, learn more about how to build the SQL Server environment with the most redundancy, performance, and scalability in mind.
VMware vExpert and SQL Server performance expert David Klee leads this full-day, hands-on introduction to enabling and managing a virtualized SQL Server environment. The focus of the course is to help those new to virtualization and/or infrastructure concepts to become familiar with the concept and purposes of virtualization and how it can benefit them as data professionals. Participants will gain exposure to all layers of virtualization underneath SQL Server, from storage to hypervisor to the SQL Server instance, and will learn how to construct the entire stack with the focus on SQL Server performance.
Upon completion of this course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand key virtualization and cloud concepts
- Determine the optimal infrastructure configuration for best performance
- Construct a SQL Server virtual machine template with best practices for agility and performance
- Understand how and what stack metrics to benchmark and baseline to ensure proper objective performance measurement
- Identify and remediate common virtualized SQL Server performance killers
- Understand proper virtualized capacity management techniques for long term management
Even if you cannot attend this preconference session, please register for the Nashville SQL Saturday event! I am presenting a session geared towards virtualization education at 1pm in Room 110 entitled ‘SQL Server Virtualization 101’. I can’t wait to see you there!