Abstract: Think infrastructure in the cloud is still just for sysadmins? Think again! As your organization moves into the cloud, infrastructure skills are more important than ever for DBAs to master. Expert knowledge of cloud-related infrastructure will help you maintain performance and availability for databases in the cloud. For example, know what an IOP is? How many does your database consume during a given day? Properly sizing a cloud database depends on your knowledge of this metric. Failure to properly configure storage performance at the time of deployment will slow down your SQL Server considerably. Come learn many of the key cloud infrastructure points that you should master as the DBA role continues to evolve!
- Don’t Stop at Just Enabling Read Committed Snapshot Isolation (RCSI)
- VMware Improves In-Guest Time Synchronization with 7.0 U1
- Steps for a Successful Data Migration Session at Microsoft Ignite
- Cannot expand VMDKs with NVMe storage controller on VMware without a reboot
- How to Prep a SQL Server Availability Group for VM-Level DR Replication
The opinions expressed here are my personal opinions and experiences. Terms, Conditions, and Disclosure are located here.