David is a technologist that is lucky enough to have created a job doing that which he enjoys – working in high technology, using cutting edge technology to make businesses more efficient. He is the Founder and Chief Architect of Heraflux Technologies, and travels around the country working with companies on the convergence of data and infrastructure.
David is also a member of the PASS High Availability and Disaster Recovery Virtual Chapter board. The virtual chapter meets the second Tuesday of each month for a one hour technical presentation on high availability and disaster recovery topics. For more information about this virtual chapter, click here.
Areas of interest:
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Cloud platforms – MS Azure and Amazon AWS
- Server and desktop virtualization with VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V
- Cloud architecture, performance, and monitoring
- Virtualization Maturity Process
- Datacenter Design
- Infrastructure and Storage
- High Availability & Disaster Recovery
- Workflow and management
- Web applications (data access / presentation)
- Usability and interface design
- Microsoft Data Platform MVP
- VMware vExpert
- VMware Certified Advanced Professional – Data Center Design (vSphere 4 & 5)
- VMware Certified Professional (vSphere 4 & 5, VCP4 & VCP5) – AKA VCP-DV for Datacenter Virtualization
- VMware Certified Professional – Cloud (VCP-IaaS)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert – Cloud Platform & Infrastructure
- Public and private cloud architecture
- Advanced Enterprise Networking
- SQL Server and Windows internals
I want this blog post to be an open discussion, so guest blog posts are quite welcome.